Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Night at the ER

Saturday night and Sunday morning was not a fun time!  Alayna didn't seem to be feeling very well all day Saturday.  She was more fussy than usual and I knew she wasn't feeling well that evening when she was acting very calm and chill and  she was whimpering.  I took her temperature and it said 102!  It was midnight at this time and we decided we were going to take her to the emergency room.  By the time we got to the ER and they took her temperature it was 103.8!!  They gave her baby Tylenol to get her temperature to go down.  They wanted to find out what caused the temperature and so they had to torture our little girl!  They first shoved these little pipes up her nose.  Then they wanted a urine sample and so they put a sticky bag on her bum but she never went potty so then they had to rip off the sticky bag and put a catheter in her.  After that they wanted a blood sample and so they took her blood.

Out of the 6 months that I have been a mother, that was by far the worst mothering experience I have had.  My heart was ripping apart as I watched them do all that.  By the time they were taking her blood, I was trying so hard to hold back my tears. I don't think I will forget the look Alayna gave me as she looked at me with those big brown teary eyes.  It was like she was asking me why I was hurting her so much.

After they were done with all the tests several hours later, they said they think that it is a virus.  Alayna's temperature was down and we were finally able to go home.  By the time we got home it was 6 a.m.  Since we have brought her home I have probably been over precautious.  I check her temperature like every 1 to 2 hours.  I am just so happy right now because her temperature is back to normal and she is her happy, playful self again.  I just hope that Brady and I don't have any more ER trips any time soon!    

No comments:

Post a Comment