Thursday, March 22, 2012

Little Red :)

A few weeks ago we got a new car!!  It is a Chevy Prism 2002.  It has great gas mileage, which was exactly what we were going for!  We found it on Craig's List for $2,650.  That's great because now we don't even have a car payment!  I am SO happy about our new little car because that means that we now have TWO cars.  I now have a little bit more freedom.  It was pretty good timing too because I was getting a little bored of the exact same running route that I have been taking and now I can drive to a different area and Alayna and I can run a different route. :)  And I can also do the grocery shopping while Brady is at school and I can start going to play group!  Yay!!  Now all I have to do is finish my online drivers ED class, take a driver's test, and pass a vision exam so I can get my Texas license.  Yikes!  Since I turned 21 my Idaho driver's license expired and so now I have to go through the trouble of getting a new one.  :(  But I am SO excited to drive our mini van around!  We named our car "Little Red" and changed the name of our van to "Old Betsy."  (Sorry Brian, since we drive your van now it is no longer called the "Pimpn' Van.")   

Meet "Little Red" :) 
      Last week was the first time that Alayna and I drove to Wal-Mart to get groceries all by ourselves.  And I only got honked at once! :)  I was quite proud of myself actually.  Here is my crazy 1st time going somewhere without my hubby story...  So I quickly learned that it is not as easy to go grocery shopping with an 8 month old by yourself.  Alayna will sit in her little cart but she always wants to lean to the side and I always have to push her back up.  Well when I finally got all my groceries I went to check out.  This nice, and very friendly, black guy behind me helped watch Alayna while I bought the groceries.  After I was done I went back to our van and then it turned out that the black guy's car was really close to the mine.  He started talking to me again and we had a little conversation.  In this conversation I did tell him I had a husband and WAS married to him.  Anyways, I told him I had to get home and he asked me out on a date.  I obviously turned down his offer!  I mean are you serious?!?!  I couldn't believe that he still asked me out with all the obvious signs that I was NOT single!  I mean I was wearing my wedding ring, had a baby, driving a mini van, and I was even wearing a BYU shirt!  I guess I need to be a little less friendly around here?  Hahaha. 

         

No comments:

Post a Comment