Saturday, April 14, 2012

Alayna's 2nd ER trip and her first teeth!

So the night before the huge tornadoes storm we had a little bit of a rough night.  We had to take Alayna in to the children's hospital.  Yes, her 2nd ER trip.  (Little stinker!)  This time it was not for a high temperature.  She kept throwing up!  It was so sad because she was just whining and you could tell that she was hurting but there wasn't anything Brady and I could do to take her pain away.  Finally at like 2:30a.m. after she had thrown up 4 times, (twice on me) we took her to the hospital.  I was worried she was getting dehydrated but the nurse said she was doing ok. I was told to just nurse her a little bit and see if she can hold it down.  She gave me signs to look for so I would know if I needed to bring her back. 

We got home around 5:30 a.m. and Alayna slept for about 2 more hours before she woke up and threw up 2 more times and starting really whining again.  I just tried to think of what my mom did for me when I was throwing up and I remembered that my mom always had me sit in a warm bath and so that's what I did.  Alayna and I got in the bath tub and she immediately stopped whimpering and just fell asleep in there.  When she woke up I gave her a teaspoon of pedialyte, nursed her a little and she never threw up again. 

The day before, Brady and I got to babysit a little 6 month old boy for a few hours.  It was kinda fun and it gave us a little taste of what it would be like if we would of had twins.  Yeah, it wasn't as easy as when we only have Alayna to take care of!  Haha. 

Alayna and Adam

Also, Alayna has not 1, but 2 teeth now!  Our poor little goose!  Alayna always wakes up a time or two in the night but she always goes right back to sleep.  Both times when her tooth was coming in she would wake up more than that but also not go back to sleep right away.  With her first tooth I put this gel on her gum that is supposed to numb that spot.  My theory is that she is allergic to it because the one day I put it on her a few times was the night she kept throwing up.  I haven't used it since. 

Alayna has also started crawling like a big girl!!  She has just been army crawling for like a month now.  She got to the point where she would crawl up on her knees if she wanted to go a short distance but then plop back down to her tummy and army crawl when she wanted to go a far distance.  It was really funny!  Now she crawls up on her knees all the time!  And now she is ALWAYS pulling herself up to stand!  She crawls to whatever she can hold onto and then stands up!  It is just so cute!!

Using the jogging stroller to help her stand. "Good job Sweet Pea!"
Another good pic with Dad

Cheesing it! Lol






   

No comments:

Post a Comment