Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter and our 2 year anniversary

Alayna experienced her first Easter!  We didn't really do much for Easter this year but I figure that thats ok because Alayna isn't quite old enough yet to really care.  We never colored Easter eggs or had an Easter egg hunt... but we did boil a bunch of eggs for snacking! :)  The Easter bunny came during Alayna's nap on Sunday afternoon and then we had salmon and broccoli for our Easter dinner.  After that we just took it easy and went for a walk later.  Next year for Easter I will make sure Alayna gets to experience dying Easter eggs and go on an Easter egg hunt. ;) 

Brady and I had our 2 year anniversary!  I can't believe we have already been married for 2 whole years!  Sometimes it doesn't feel like we have been married very long and other times it feels like it has been 2 years.  We have done so much stuff since we have been married!  Definitely done a lot of 1st for me!  I moved out of my parent's house, went to Disneyland twice, moved to Oregon, moved to Texas, got pregnant, had a baby, graduated from BYU-I, drove through a lot of states I had never been too, get to really see the Ocean (1st time was really foggy), water skiing...  None of those are in any particular order.  We have probably done more things, I just can't think of them all.  I just can't believe how much stuff we have done since we got married!  I am really excited to see what the next year brings!

Anyways we went on a date for our anniversary on the 13th because the 10th was on Tuesday.  Yes, we went on a date WITHOUT Alayna!!!  This is like our first date that we have been on since Alayna was born.  (Alayna is 9 months now! Crazy!!) Our home teacher offered to babysit Alayna for us and so we took him up on his offer.  We dropped Alayna off at their house and went to the cheap seats and saw a movie.  We saw the movie "Gone" and we really liked it!  And this movie was filmed in Portland!  I just thought that it was cool that it was filmed there. 

Anyways, after the movie we went to Walmart to buy some more diapers and some cans of baby food before we went to pick Alayna up.  I was really worried because when we knocked on the door I could hear Alayna just screaming!  When they opened the door I saw my sweet girl with big huge crocodile tears going down her cheeks.  I took her and she calmed down and even started laughing a few minutes later at the babysitter's crazy 3 year old boy.  I was really happy because Megan (the babysitter) said that Alayna had just started crying like 2 minutes before we showed up.  I was worried she had been crying the whole time!  Megan said that Alayna did really good and was happy the whole time!  She just played with their toys and crawled after their 3 year old as he rode around on his little bike.  Alayna loved that little boy!  I guess we need to give Alayna a sibling soon!  But not too soon!!

It felt really good to finally get to go out on a real date with just Brady and I and without Alayna.  Even though I was worried about her the whole time! Haha.  Oh well, I guess that's just part of being a parent.

Wearing her new Easter dress Grandma Rhodehouse got her


Easter Sunday!

I kept taking pictures of her and she is like "Stop!" Haha

The Easter Bunny came! (Aka Grandma Rhodehouse's package.)  Grandma Fielding's package didn't make it to us. :(

Look what the Easter Bunny brought you!

So happy!


Reading her a book that she got


Alayna LOVES to stand up!

1 comment:

  1. Cute little family. I love the "antlers" , or is flowers coming out of Christa's head in the one picture. Makes me laugh. Alayna looks so grown up for such a young baby. We love her so!

    ReplyDelete