Friday, April 13, 2012

Tornadoes!

I know that my last post started out talking about a tornado warning but a while ago we REALLY experienced a tornado warning!  Last time was nothing compared to the one we just experienced! 

I really had no idea that there was possible tornadoes coming our way, I just knew that it was stormy outside.  We were just going on with life and Alayna and I were talking a nap during the storm. (We spent the night in the ER with Alayna again!  Boo!!)  I got a text from my brother Bryce that woke me up asking if we were ok because of the big tornado in Fort Worth.  I was like what?!  I jumped up and looked out the window at the big black sky and told Brady what Bryce had just said.

  We immediately turned on the computer to check the storm and just a few minutes later we heard the tornado sirens go off!  Brady said a blessing that we would be safe during the storm and then we started packing up to leave.  I woke Alayna from her nap and we were heading down the steps of our apartment and our downstairs neighbors were out just watching the storm and cussing as if they were watching a tunnel form!  We stopped to talk to them for a while and they said that it would not be safe to get in the car and try to drive away.  They said we could sit in their bath tub because it is safer in their apartment because they had the lowest floor.  We all just watched the storm outside and we even saw some clouds right above us rotating and our neighbor's said that that was a tornado trying to form!  And then we had a few pieces of hail the size of golf balls and one hit right next to my foot and shattered!  We spent a while in our neighbors apartment watching the news and the storm outside.  There were tornadoes happening all around us! 

After a while we decided that we were just going to wait it out in our own apartment and if we knew if anything was coming then we would run down to their bath tub.  The tornados lasted until like 8 p.m.  There was something like a dozen tornadoes that day in our Dallas County!  I feel so blessed that one of those tornadoes didn't come through our apartment complex!  Now they say we have some more possible tornadoes coming in this weekend.  I hope that we are blessed again and that the tornadoes just "miss" us!   

No comments:

Post a Comment